You are here
- Stockbroking arm
- Investment banking unit
About Our Client
The client is a MAS regulated financial institution that has a stockbroking arm as well as an investment banking arm. The business group comprises companies/branches based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, as well as a small presence in the UK.
- Monitoring regulatory capital levels/requirements for Singapore and Hong Kong
- Working out the prepayments, accruals, etc., finalization of monthly management accounts for legal entities and business units
- Preparation of tax returns / local GST returns and ensuring the filings of the same on time
- Preparation and filing of monthly / quarterly regulatory returns for regulated entities.
-Coordinating with company secretarial department in respect of all secretarial issues affecting the local entities.
- Coordination with banks from time to time in respect of the local entities.
- Preparing the annual financial statements under local GAAP/IFRS for all legal entities based out of HK and filing the with companies house.
- Coordination with auditors (Internal & External) during half yearly / yearly audit.
- Preparation of department/office budgets, projections and profitability/cash flow analysis
- Other ad-hoc / administrative duties as assigned by Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
- MS Office Suite - Good/Expert level
- Ability to engage and use various I.T. packages and Hardware esp. Oracle financials
- Knowledge & understanding of Singapore/HK GAAP/IFRS accounting standards
- Knowledge of VAT/GST for financial services
- Knowledge of regulatory returns for financial services/regulatory capital calculation methodologies for broker-dealers for both Singapore and Hong Kong
- Post Graduate in Accounting/Finance or other relevant Professional qualification equivalent to ACCA or similar
- Previous experience of working with Stock Broker/Investment Bank.
- Previous experience on working with Oracle Financials
- Prior experience/ability to manage the entire finance function, with minimal external or headcount support
What's on Offer
Good remuneration scheme with autonomy as the pioneer hire of the finance team who will build up the rest of the team.