You are here
Director Head of Asian Product Control
- Director Head of Asian Product Control
- Treasury, Rates, Prime Services & Equities
About Our Client
An international Wholesale Bank with a comprehensive banking licence to operate in Singapore. A reputable bank with a stable and solid track record in Singapore.
- Specific to AsiaGFI
- Supervising the production of a first stage P&L with full risk-based attribution for the Fixed Income books in Asian together with supporting analysis and reporting.
- Identifying all issues requiring resolution before the final P&L and attribution can be issued.
- Ensuring the reconciliation of the Asian derivative based Balance sheet and P&L to the General Ledger
- Supervising P&L adjustments and balance sheet entries where necessary.
- Liaising with GBM & GT traders and their management to explain the P&L and its attribution and to resolve any issues arising across multiple business lines with full interaction and support from head office.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for 2 direct reports (ultimately rising to 3) and is accountable for all Product Control activities carried out in Asia.
The daily activities comprise of :
- Running the applications and reports required to produce the P&L for the Asian derivative books together with their decomposition and risk-based attribution;
- Investigating and resolving any issues arising from these (either locally or with relevant groups) ;
- Vetting all P&L outcomes with the traders responsible;
- Where necessary, passing P&L adjustments and making balance sheet entries for the product lines supported; and
- Reporting and explaining P&L outcomes to trading and executive management.
The Successful Applicant
- A degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial markets and products.
- Extensive experience of the Bank's departments and operating policies and practices would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Good motivational and leadership qualities.
- Accomplished problem-solving abilities.
An accounting qualification or equivalent designation.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package