You are here
Deputy Managing Director - Insurance
Deliver the next phase of transformation
Senior Leadership Position
About Our Client
Our client is a large Asian conglomerate with multiple successful businesses. Their Insurance business in Myanmar is now looking for a Deputy Managing Director to continue their growth plans in the country to be the leader in the market. This is a newly created position based in Yangon to help get the business transformed to the next level.
The role and responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Formulate business plans and strategies for the next 3 years for approval by the Board. Recommend financial and non-financial objectives, strategies and plans to grow the business in Myanmar. These plans and targets will include increasing sales, net written premium, profit margin, market share and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of these plans and strategies.
- Expand and improve the effectiveness of current sales channels. Introduce new channels to achieve business objectives and targets.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to build and grow high brand awareness of the company in Myanmar.
- Manage and professionalise the HR department to keep up with changing business needs. Improve the quality of hires, upskill expertise of sales force, develop and implement an effective sales training program, build highly motivated sales staff who are self-starters, innovative and keen to learn to improve their performance. Put in place incentive schemes to drive sales.
- Improve the efficiency of operations by streamlining processes to reduce timelines in operational and administrative processes and to expedite decision making.
- Manage the implementation of a new insurance software. Recommend an IT plan for continual improvement of the company's IT systems and applications to meet the changing insurance business in Myanmar.
- Build a strong management team and a pipeline of leaders who will be able to manage and lead the company successfully over the longer term.
- Build a culture where employees are motivated to achieve their best, be creative and innovative, engaged and high performing.
The Successful Applicant
As a leadership appointment for the Group, At least 10-15 years in leadership positions managing insurance business with profit and loss accountability and operational responsibility will be beneficial. The candidate should possess a proven track record in formulating and delivering business objectives and strategies for strong financial results as well as professionalising and growing the business. Previous experience and success in transforming organisations into more efficient businesses, with clear governances for accountability and decision making, and more streamline processes will be a key to the successful application. Someone who has built strong leadership pipeline for the organisation should apply to this exciting role in Myanmar!
What's on Offer
- High profile role
- Be part of a growing organization with a strong leadership team
- Good company culture
- Future career growth opportunities