You are here
- Credit Analyst
- Corporate/Commercial Banking
About Our Client
International Corporate bank with it's Asia office in Singapore's Central Business District. Currently looking for a Credit Analyst to join their Risk team. This medium sized bank provides commercial banking services and corporate lending to global corporate and financial institutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
- Shareholder & Financial:
- Perform activities within the approved Bank Group credit risk strategy/risk appetite parameters, reflecting the Group's tolerance for risk and the level of profitability the Group expects to achieve for incurring various credit risks.
- Use standardized processes for evaluating credit proposals ensuring that all approved credits are within the bank Group's credit risk strategy and applicable policies and guidelines.
- Customer (Internal & External):
- Ensure adherence to Group and banking Group Risk Policies guidelines and procedures, and awareness of regulatory changes pertaining to credit risk. Assess policy impact on the Group's risk profile, as guided and instructed by supervisors. Produce reporting and impact analysis processes as required on policy and regulatory changes.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with the all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the management and external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Adhere to requirements specified in the SLAs.
- Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Perform credit assessments, and comply with established/ approved credit risk policies, guidelines and procedures, and relevant laws and banking regulations.
- Coordinate with business unit Relationship Managers for the timely receipt of customer documents/ other information required to evaluate the credit worthiness of the proposed borrowers.
- Assist in the assessments on credit proposals by preparing reports and analysis of the various credit risk facets are completed and appropriate for the measurement of borrower and facility risks. Assign final risk ratings, including borrower rating and facility ratings, based on the underlying assessment which includes (but is not limited to) an assessment of the requested facility and security, collateral and guarantees provided, borrower's management and background, industry analysis, country analysis, external agency credit ratings (if applicable), financial and cash flow analysis, and as applicable, the risk rating from the credit risk rating tool in use. Stipulate terms and conditions to mitigate the credit risk borne/faced by the Group.
- Ensure all obligors are assigned the appropriate credit ratings, and ensure annual reviews are done and updated on timely basis.
- Support the supervisor/Head of Credit in preparing recommendations to extend, decline, or request further structuring/guarantees/collaterals to the transactions to minimize credit risk and meet banking Group credit risk standards.
- Coordinate activities with business units to ensure the timely processing of customer credit requests within established SLA requirements.
- Learning & Knowledge:
- Possess an understanding of business processes and controls in all related credit/operational areas.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of all pertinent regulations as well as international "best practices" pertaining to the overall credit operations.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality in regards to customer information gathered in the credit assessment process.
- All other ad hoc duties and/or activities related to the bank that management may request of the employee from time to time
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree, preferably in finance, economics or related subjects.
- 5-7 years experience in a major bank's risk function.
Required Special Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (optional).
- Good quantitative modelling, analytical, and research skills.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Good understanding of credit risk methodologies and/or other complex financial risk modelling would be highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, detail-orientation.
Operating Environment/ Location:
- Located in Country and involves liaison with business units, as and when required.
Framework and Boundaries:
- Group's overall strategic plan.
- Bank Group and Group credit policies, guidelines and procedures
- Budgetary/ scorecard targets.
- Applicable laws and baking regulations and international "best practices".
- Delegated and re-delegated authorities as per the delegation of authority structure.
- Instructions of the Credit Risk Manager, Head of Group Credit, Country GM, and Group CRO.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Daily contact with Credit Risk Manager, and Group Centralized Credit Risk Dept, to provide updates on work progress, solve issues and receive higher approval.
- Management of individual divisions, departments, units, subsidiaries, branches and other Group entities, whether within or outside Group Country.
- Close working relationships with Relationship Managers, Branch Managers, Account Managers and other business unit personnel.
- Regulatory authorities, external auditors, internal auditors and Group Compliance Personnel, as and when applicable.
What's on Offer
The role offers the candidate a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a stable international commercial banking environment. The working culture is collaborative, where different teams in the bank work together to improve process and provide client focused solutions. The credit analyst will conduct credit reviews and liaise with the RMs and front line of business in a consultative manner during the credit assessment process. The role will also involve consulting and interacting with Head Office to ensure a strong line of communication and collaboration.