You are here
Compliance Officer, Asia
- Regional exposure
- Standalone in Singaopre, reporting to Head of Compliance in US
About Our Client
Our client is a global commodities firm with a long-standing history in Singapore, operating through several business activities including Agriculture, Energy and Metals.
The main responsibilities of the role entails:
- Act as compliance business partner for new business opportunities or developments and ensure they are properly reviewed and assessed based on legal, regulatory, exchange requirements
- Provide advice and training to management and employees regarding applicable commodities and securities rules, regulations and policies including effective communication of changes.
- Leads the compliance training program and ensure employees in Asia receive appropriate trainings
- Liaise with regulators and exchanges on regulatory issues, rule changes and regulatory queries.
- Working with Legal team on the coordination and approval of documentation and agreements
- Develop and conduct risk assessment and implement testing programs.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of working experience in Regulatory roles or Compliance
- Knowledge of Commodities/OTC derivatives
- Extensive experience dealing with regulators in Singapore or China
- Able to work independently as well as a global team player
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin are essential in view of interaction with China regulators
What's on Offer
On offer is fantastic Compliance opportunity which give extensive exposure to the business and the regulatory environment. The role offers Regional exposure, with the potential to be Head of Compliance in Asia.