You are here
This position is now filled
- Standalone Compliance Role
- Small but growing organisation
About Our Client
Founded in 2013, the firm is a privately-owned and specialist real estate investment, asset management and advisory platform. Over the past two decades, the principals have in excess of US$7 billion in combined real estate acquisition, management, disposition and financing experience in global markets and through numerous cycles. Based in Singapore and Japan, the team covers all aspects and types of real estate including commercial, retail, residential, hotels and resorts, golf courses, warehouses, retirement homes, development, non-performing loans, corporate restructuring and financing. The company is a registered fund manager with the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
The role will have an all-rounded Compliance scope with main coverage below:
- Advise the business and stakeholders on regulatory compliance matters
- Monitor and keep up to date with changes in the regulatory landscape
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Conduct training on Compliance issues for internal staff and stakeholders
- Submit regulatory filings/licensing (if necessary) with MAS
- Direct liaison with MAS, CEO and Head Office in Tokyo
- Handling any other ad-hoc Compliance issues which may arise
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of all rounded Compliance experience in a Financial Institution.
- Candidates must possess good knowledge on MAS regulations
- Ability to work with Senior Management and be the direct point of contact with Regulators
- Independent and have strong analytical skills.
- Candidates with more experience and willing to work on a part-time basis can also be considered
- Have a pleasant personality, comfortable with a small but growing company size
- Good team player with excellent inter-personal skills
What's on Offer
On offer is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing organisation. The role offers candidates an all-rounded Compliance scope with excellent work life balance, family-culture and direct working relationship with the CEO.