You are here
Compliance Manager, Trade Finance
Manager, Trade Finance, Compliance
Compliance Advisory, MAS regulatory interaction, CDD, complaince review
About Our Client
Our client is an international commercial bank with growing presence in Singapore. The bank covers retail banking as well as corporate banking clients. The vacancy for this particular role will focus on the trade finance and corporate banking side of the business, focusing deliverables around MAS inspections/reviews, CDD, trade finance transaction review and filing STRs.
- Compile reports and follow up on activities relating to the Corporate Banking Group and regulatory compliance issues/related matters
- On-Boarding KYC/CDD review and approval
- On-going KYC/CDD review and approval
- Review of screening results of customers and related party including daily screening results
- Review and approval/recommendation of transactions requiring approvals from compliance/Senior management
- Assist reporting manager in oversight of all activities in Commercial Banking Group and related regulatory compliance issues/related matters.
- Review and approval of trade finance transactions
- Review and approval of Goods/Commodities for Trade Finance
- Periodic review of identified business activities related to Corporate banking and commercial Banking group ( Compliance testing)
- Review and implementation of process and policies for Corporate Banking and Commercial Banking group ( PAC Notes & Policies)
- Review and implementation of regulatory notices and guidelines related to Corporate Banking and commercial Banking group
- Filing of STRs and follow up action on STR for the corporate Banking and commercial Banking group as per Branch's process requirement. Review of transactions for customers under watch list.
- Follow up on the implementation of recommendations by various departments from MAS Inspection, Independent Audit, Internal Audit (Corporate and commercial Banking)
- Assisting HR Dept for the pre-interview/post-employment screening for Singapore Branch potential employees/employees
- Follow-up with respective business group on outstanding Audit/Compliance testing issues in relation to corporate Banking and commercial banking business activities for Singapore Branch
- Project management as directed by the Head of Compliance/reporting Manager (eg: yearly audit, Independent Audit, Big 4, supervisory visits.)
The Successful Applicant
The candidate should be mid-career looking to grow their knowledge and expertise in the corporate banking and trade finance field. Our client is looking for an individual that can hit the ground running and be a significant contributor to the banks compliance team. Attention to details as well as an ability to take the lead on compliance projects and initiatives would be an added bonus.
What's on Offer
The job offers a stable job environment at a growing and well performing bank. The incumbent will get to specialize in commercial banking centric compliance as well as work in an inclusive and collaborative team.