You are here
Compliance Manager, GI and Life Insurance
- All rounded Compliance scope
- Local focused with regional exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a GI and Life Insurance Company providing a wide range of insurance offerings ranging from flexible General Insurance products tailored for the needs of commercial and corporate clients, to servicing existing individual and corporate consumers' Life Insurance, investment, savings and protection policies.
- Maintain work along the requirements of the Compliance Program to provide adequate assurance that Compliance Risks are identified and adequately managed.
- Support business management in the identification of compliance risks, as well as managing these risks.
- Deliver risk based assurance to business management and within Compliance function. Assists with governance committees.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to make sure they are informed, understand and support the Compliance Assurance activities and prioritization.
- Assist with the interaction with regulatory parties, board and higher level manager at discretion of Team Lead and where appropriate.
- Assist in performing Compliance Risk Assessment at least on a yearly basis.
- Work with Team lead to prioritize the Compliance (monitoring) activities and assist in developing a risk based Compliance (monitoring) plan.
- Report or prepare adequate reporting regarding progress against allocated monitoring activities, significant results thereof, as well as escalation of overdue issues to Team Lead for governance committees and business management.
- Cooperate with other Compliance oversight processes as appropriate.
- Coordinate with internal and external assurance provider and 3rd party suppliers where relevant.
- Make recommendations to further increase the effectiveness of the assurance section of the Compliance Program applying to the organizational unit.
- Responsible for completing and delivering on work streams or sub-projects which vary in scope.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years all rounded Compliance experience in GI, ideally with GI and Life
- Strong knowledge of insurance industry
- Strong legal, regulations and compliance knowledge
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience in project management
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
What's on Offer
On offer is a great opportunity to be part of very close-knit, cross-functional compliance team. The role offers exposure to the Region as well.