You are here
Compliance, Commodities Trading House - Asia Coverage
Standalone Role with Asia Coverage
Commodities Trading House Experience Required
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest European Commodities firms in the world with core business in sourcing, supplying and trading crude oil and refined petroleum products.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring and advising the business on all bribery or corruption issues in the region
- Assessing the risk, and available mitigation actions, in relation to joint ventures with third parties in the region;
- Undertaking any necessary investigations of potential breaches of policy; and
- Providing training and updates to the business on developments.
- Providing the regional escalation point for complex / non-standard KYC / AML issues.
- Ensure all compliance policies (Anti-bribery and corruption; Competition; KYC / AML etc) reflect the up to date position for the region.
- Monitor developments in financial regulation in the region, escalating any new impacts to senior management and coordinating internal implementation response.
- Assist the head of compliance with managing relevant regulator relationships, particularly MAS and IE in Singapore.
- To be the main point of contact for all issues regarding the exchanges on which the Group trades in the region
- Advise the business on all sanctions related queries for the region.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of Compliance experience from a Commodities Trading House
- Regulatory experience across APAC region
- Knowledge of exchange/SAFE regulations
- Ability to face off with Asian Regulators and Senior Management
- Excellent communication skills with Mandarin as an added advantage to liaise with Chinese counterparts
- Ability to work very independently as this is a standalone role
What's on Offer
On offer is an excellent Senior Management opportunity, working with one of the biggest Commodities firms in the world.