You are here
This position is now filled
- Market-leading renewable energy European MNC
- Expansion position for Commodities Manager
About Our Client
Our Client is a well-established European MNC that is a market leader in the renewable energy industry, with a large global network in Europe, America and APAC. They are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and remain competitive. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally; as part of this commitment they are looking for an experienced Commodities Manager to assist them and contribute in this area.
Reporting to the Procurement Director, the majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of procurement (direct) activities. This role is both operational and strategic. You are an Individual Contributor who travels 10% of the time to the Supplier's site.
Your responsibilities include:
- Procurement of direct materials in the Commodities category - Palm Oil etc
- Bridging your category with other BUs as well as other categories
- Define and rollout your strategy for the Commodities category to improve bottom-line productivity
- To define sourcing strategy for vendors and suppliers to achieve cost savings that are in alignment with the company's objectives
- Negotiate and tender contracts with suppliers and vendors
- Review and evaluate suppliers & vendors to ensure satisfactory performance is achieved
- Networking and building relationships with key clients and suppliers
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experience in Direct Procurement for Commodities category. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability to be strong in analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess very strong communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.