You are here
(Chemical Engineer) Head of Chemical Procurement
- New position created for expansion plans!
- Established Specialty Chemicals Manufacturing MNC
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent MNC that is a market leader in the Chemicals Manufacturing industry, with a large global network in Europe, America and APAC. They are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and remain competitive. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally; as part of this commitment they are looking for an experienced (Chemical Engineer) Head of Chemical Procurement to assist them and contribute in this area.
Reporting to the Managing Director (MD), the majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of Procurement (raw materials) and Logistics activities. This role is both operational and strategic. You will be managing a team and will expect about 40% travel in the APAC region.
Your responsibilities include:
- End-to-end Procurement of raw materials (ink-related raw materials, chemicals, compound polymer, adhesive etc)
- Define and rollout your Sourcing strategy for your categories to improve bottom-line productivity
- To define sourcing strategy for vendors and suppliers to achieve cost savings that are in alignment with the company's objectives
- Negotiate and tender contracts with suppliers and vendors
- Review and evaluate suppliers & vendors to ensure satisfactory performance is achieved
- Networking and building relationships with key clients and suppliers
- Logistics and management of 3PL to ensure shipment is delivered on-time and at the lowest cost
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experiences in Procurement of Chemical categories (raw materials) as well as relevant experiences in Logistics. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability to be strong in analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess excellent communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders. Significant people management experiences would be necessary as well.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.