You are here
This position is now filled
Channel Sales Manager (FMCG)
- Newly created role in FMCG company
- Career Advancement Opportunities
About Our Client
Established in the UK in early 1700's, our client is a leading provider of providing the best and finest raw ingredients to the top MNC's globally. The firm has approximately more than 7,000 employees across 60 countries around the world. Globally, they are looking to grow and expand their retail group and they are looking for a Channel Sales Manager/ Sales Head (FMCG) for Singapore.
The role reports into the Commercial Director, APAC & Middle East who is based in SG.
Route to Market Strategy
- Development of the route to market strategy for Singapore
- Direct control and management of Fairprice account
- Management of distributors and alignment with Company objectives and strategies. Continuously monitor, review and align to exceed these goals
- Ensure development and propose to management commercial policies, trade terms and customer plans.
- Ensures development of national standard of building block KPIs by Channel
- Assesses market opportunities and recommend NPD and strategy changes as necessary to meet country sales objectives.
Budget, Objectives and Sales Forecast
- Proposes country sales volume, value and profitability targets for budget.
- Allocate volume target and trade spending to customers and clearly communicate with distributors.
- Ensures development of annual and monthly sales activity and marketing support plan (Canvas, monthly highlights), including support for new initiatives launches.
Customer plans and sales development
- Coordinates with the distributor, the implementation of the sales plan in Singapore, ensuring the achievement of sales volume and growth objectives.
- Monitors continuously the marketplace and customers to determine possible market opportunities and improvement of market penetration of Company's products.
- Support Distributors in managing the Sales Team, communicating sales objectives and suggesting channels' approached in accordance with trade marketing guidelines.
- Manage distributors, ensure payment to the firm, follow up credits and assure the information flow from distributor on sales and expenses
- Propose the optimal sales force structure in terms of headcount, dedicated vs shared reps, roles and location.
Planning and control
- Monitors field activities, performances and accomplishment of sales conditions, agreements, relevant KPIs and the customers' profitability and regularly and clearly communicate to the General Manager.
- Ensure stock management and control; propose actions to solve over-stocks and out-of stock situation.
- Ensure that all agreed reports are provided timely and accurately - from distributor/logistic provider (i.e. actual on stocks and sales, freshness, other reports).
- Control and manage trade spending.
The Successful Applicant
- This role is ideal for a Channel Sales head, Key Account / Business Manager within the FMCG arena who has excellent track record in sales, channel management within Modern Trade in Singapore.
- 8-12 years of FMCG experience in sales essential with concrete track record of managing FMCG distributors.
- Independent thinker, proactive / entrepreneurial mind set.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- It is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in an MNC environment.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a unique opportunity for ambitious candidates within the FMCG industry who are looking to take on a holistic Channels Sales Head role. This role will have opportunities to move into a regional sales role within Asia.