You are here
Category Procurement Manager - Chemicals
Central CBD Location
Singapore is the Asia HQ
About Our Client
This organisation has multiple business units established to serve different and varied markets. Whilst at the core they are classified as a packaging organisation, they position themselves as much more. They have evolved over the past 10 years to now have a biggest focus in their history on R&D (Development and Marketing of new products) which has allowed them to become more than a commodity company themselves and be seen as an innovator in the eyes of their stakeholders/customers.
- Developing commodity strategies & manage SLAs to mitigate the risk to the company within your two commodities - Polymers and Resins.
- Developing and Delivering on cost reduction commitments through the identification, development and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives with continuous benchmarking
- Preparation of Tenders and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) covering all aspects of raw materials, consumables, projects, services & consolidating all related information.
- Setting up and chairing RFQ site visits, Tender clarification meetings and negotiating with Suppliers in order to secure the best possible Price and contract conditions
- Seeking new suppliers based on best price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support. Set up new vendors ensuring all documentation is in place (Supplier applications, credit applications, Workmen's' Compensation etc.). Negotiate supplier payment terms and contracts
- Managing the overall relationship between procurement and the production sites.
- Ensuring compliance to procurement/commercial governance on all projects/ purchases
- Responsible and accountable for Vendor and Tender Process Management
- Reviewing preferred suppliers on a regular basis, seek better products/suppliers.
- Negotiating Imports via the most cost feasible method (FOB vs. CFR)
The Successful Applicant
You will be a procurement professional and have 5+ years of Polymer and Resins experience ideals across multiple countries in Asia (or globally). Ideal you will have a works in a large MNC and be comfortable engaging and influencing stakeholders are all level (including 'C' level).
- Tertiary qualification in Procurement or equivalent qualification (Business/Commercial Degree)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Procurement/Planning/Supply Chain environment
- Knowledge of a Resins and Polymers or at least a detailed knowledge base of Chemicals (ideally you will have work experience within a FMCG manufacturing organisation)
- Good multitasking, organisation and negotiation skills
- Meticulous with an attention to detail
- Experience in high level negotiations
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills
- A self-starter with high levels of energy and drive
What's on Offer
You will be joining this organisation's procurement function as the continue their transformation - they have moved from country based to regional based procurement central teams. They are entering their next phase of a global function which has an expectation that all regions will see add value in the next 2 to 3 years. You will be mentored by a management function that not only has the year of procurement experience but also re the mindset that their biggest asset is their people.