You are here
Category Manager for Chemicals
30% Travel across APAC
Experience sourcing for Chemicals
About Our Client
Our Client is European chemical company with more than 25,000 employees globally. They believe in bringing together technology to better improve themselves. With the increasing demand and new product innovations, they are currently looking for a Category Manager to support with their current growth.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be accountable for the sourcing and procurement of chemicals (raw materials) for the APAC region.
- Sourcing of chemicals across APAC.
- Develop and set up processes from a strategic stand point and come up with bench marking of pricing and spend baseline.
- Supplier Management across APAC.
- Implement and provide creative sourcing strategies that are in-line with business requirements.
- Conduct Lean initiatives within the business and train the team in APAC.
- Streamline current processes and identify gaps within the business to facilitate further growth.
- Interact and work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and propose solutions to increase efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Supply Chain or equivalent related studies and you must have 6 years of experience. Experience purchasing chemicals is necessary as that is the bulk of the role. A dynamic and confident personality will be required as this role requires you to interact and influence with both internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be in a stable organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. You will have great autonomy in your work as well as a chance to travel overseas. This is an opportunity to work with a global brand that is experiencing significant growth globally with excellent salary, bonus and other benefits.