You are here
Business Services Manager / Facility Manager
- Client side
- Market leader company
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational energy company with well known brand name based Fortune 500 Company. The holding is listed on the London Stock Exchange, with an office presence across 30 countries. They are now looking for a Business Services Manager / Facility Manager for the Singapore office who can manage office facilities and to ensure high quality.
You will work to raise the profile of facilities management and the accountability of individual line managers for aspects such as Health, Security and Safety. The key task is to support the management in managing and maintaining office facilities and to ensure high quality, cost-effective facilities management and support services.
- Managing service space planning, refurbishment, renovations and office moves
- Responsible for office facilities maintenance
- Manages office lease matters with the landlord and real estate broker on lease renewal, expiry, relocation etc.
- Manage general facilities operations e.g. cleaning, waste management, air-conditioning, catering, energy efficiency, planned preventative maintenance & security.
- Lead a small team of support staff at Singapore office. Work with the team to provide a professional, high customer service function which complements the business
- Implement preventive maintenance and SOP to ensure soft and hard facilities are well managed as planned within budget and SLA. Prevent downtime on critical facilities and know how to troubleshoot office facilities lapses.
- Propose and implement common facilities standards and initiatives (in conjunction with UK head office) to reduce costs and optimise space
- Provide pro-active advice on energy efficiency and environmental standards
- Manage budgets and maintain expenditure records
- Identify and negotiate cost-effective deals with external contractors and suppliers
- Liaison with landlord building managers to address maintenance issues under their scope
- Manage maintenance contract acquisition, review, negotiation, vendor selection and preparation of sub-contract/purchase order agreements to provide for quality services at competitive cost
- Work closely with other GM&TS teams to ensure a planned and co-ordinated approach e.g. IT installations, desk moves etc.
- Work with business travel services provider to offer best in class business travel services to the Singapore based employees
- Manage alignment and adherence of facilities and travel policies
- Participate in global and local facilities initiatives and projects as required
- Ensures H&S policies developed and regularly reviewed; H&S requirements are duly met and timely maintained
- Prepares reports on cost optimisation and cost control activities with clear track of cost savings
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Facilities Management or related field.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record of delivery in a similar, client facing role
- Asset Management and technical knowledge
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing risk assessments
- A good people manager with experience of coaching and performance management
- Able to demonstrate experience in managing the provision of comprehensive Facilities Management and business services to a corporate client
- Experience in using and administering a CAFM (Computer Aided Facilities Management) software tool and be able to hands-on when necessary
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing contractors & suppliers
- Extensive experience in dealing with landlord & real estate brokers
- Good knowledge of corporate real estate / office lease
- Strong PC literacy e.g.MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
What's on Offer
An excellent chance to work on the client side. They are providing an excellent career path with organic growth opportunity with a very competitive package in the market.