You are here
Business Development Manager
Sales experience within the lubricants industry - ideally metalworking fluids?
Technically proficient to sell specialty products as well as commodity?
About Our Client
A global manufacturer of industrial chemicals that develops and commercialises technologies, including synthetic fuels technologies, and produces various liquid fuel products, chemicals and also low-carbon electricity. The business employs thousands of people worldwide and has operations in the Americas, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Northern Asia, Asia, Southeast Asia, Far East, and Australasia. They produce both specialty and commodity products within the following area: polymers, solvents, surfactants, waxes, fertilisers, phenols.
The business has been a pioneer in innovation for almost a century and as market needs and stakeholder expectations have changed, they have adopted their production processes, facilities and products, driving progress to deliver long-term sustainable growth. Their focused and strong project pipeline means that they are actively capitalising on the growth opportunities that play to their strengths.
This Business Development Manager role will report directly to the Head of Sales for Asia and the focus will be on developing business in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and also Australia and New Zealand. You will be accountable for generating sales of differentiated and specialty products into the metalworking lubrication market.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager role include:
- Develop the sales strategy and generate new business both directly and also via channel partners in specific countries to meet revenue and margin targets
- Execute the sales strategy and promote the business to secure new business accounts while maintaining existing accounts in order to increase market share and deliver revenue and margin targets
- Define value propositions and most effective market approach for each product group within each target market and drive growth and market penetration
- Initiate joint projects with major customers
- Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with channel partners and end users
- Strategically identify potential areas of new business - to further penetrate existing markets but also to identify and execute business in new markets
- Plan, develop and implement strategies on distributor sales and provide front line marketing and technical support to distribution partners
- Establish budgetary forecasts regarding predicted sales volumes
- Provide company with market intelligence and competitor information
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the Business Development Manager include:
- Minimum of 7 years' sales experience in the specialty chemicals or lubricants industry and a strong track record of delivery
- Ideally experience with the metalworking fluids / lubricants industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and effective at building long term and mutually beneficial business relationships
- Highly organised and able to efficiently prioritise workload when managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer focused and dependable individual who is self-motivated and prepared to go the extra mile when required
- Ideally degree in Chemical or Engineering subject
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to join a leading MNC within the specialty chemicals industry and this is a high profile role within Asia - responsible for further increasing sales across South East Asia and Australasia markets. With a commitment to innovative products this business is continuing to outperform the market and better at meeting the needs of its customers.