You are here
Business Development Manager
Experience of business development within Protective Coatings industry
Key markets include: Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, General Engineering, Industrial
About Our Client
A highly reputable multi-national coatings manufacturer with operations globally. Singapore is the Group's Head Office for South East Asia and provides valuable support in R&D and technical and marketing assistance for the wider region. The business have substantial operations in Singapore including a modern and highly efficient production facility and also a significant Sales and Service team.
The manufacturing plant in Singapore produced over 400k litres of decorative and protective coatings in 2016 and for a variety of industries including marine, industrial, mechanical and electromechanical, oil and gas, infrastructure and highway marking.
The company has been expanding in both domestic and export markets and has ambitious growth plans to continue growing the business and further increasing market share within the region.
Job Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager will include:
- Achieve agreed sales targets within the Protective Coatings customers segment within the Singapore market
- Manage existing accounts (60-70%) whilst also developing new business clients (30-40%)
- Proactively identify and engage with key decision makers in the following sectors: Infrastructure, Fabrication, Oil & Gas, Road Markings, Floor Coatings
- Regularly meeting both existing/ potential customers and providing detailed product and market knowledge
- Providing technical recommendations and preparing sales quotations
- Coordinating with technical service team for application support
- Ensuring timely collection of payment from customers
- Location: Office is in the West side. Need to travel island wide
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the Business Development Manager role:
- Minimum of 3 years Protective Coatings industry experience required
- Minimum O level education and Diploma or Degree will be preferable
- Strong communication skills and good commercial acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess Class 3 driving license
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a global business that has a long history of business in Singapore and is very successful in South East Asia. The remuneration package will include Basic salary + Transport allowance and a Fuel card will be provided. AWS, Bonus and Commission payable.