You are here
Business Development Manager
Spearhead the sales function for oleochemicals across SEA & China
Join a global market leader within the raw materials and ingredients sector
About Our Client
Our client is a global Chemical and Raw Material manufacturing business that provides Ingredients for the following sectors:
- Food and Beverage
- Chemical and Natural Flavours
- Fragrances for Personal Care and Home Care industries
- Human / Animal Health and Nutrition products
They have state of the art manufacturing facilities across five countries. These modern plants provide world class production facilities at strategic locations across the world which has helped to build their reputation for outstanding quality and great customer experience and service. Their impressive growth has been both organic and by acquisition.
The company is now one of largest manufacturers of oleochemicals globally and their oleochemical business is one of the most profitable divisions of the business. As well as producing their own range of products they also have significant contract manufacturing operations on behalf of businesses such as Coty, P&G, Johnson and Johnson, Reckitt Benckiser. Products manufactured include bar soaps and liquid soaps, antiperspirants, deodorants and gels.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for:
- Proactively maintaining and growing existing business by fostering excellent relationships with customers
- Successfully executing local and regional sales strategy
- Developing and implement strategic initiatives to increase sales volume
- Effective pricing, channel management, demand planning and forecasting, working capital optimisation
- Monitoring levels of customer service
- Understanding technical and product requirements from customers
- Providing value to your customers by establishing customer needs and using your in-depth industry knowledge.
- You will also be responsible for developing market intelligence on existing and potential customers, competitor activity and the current state of the market within each region
We would like to speak to candidates who have a proven track record of success within the Oleochemicals industry. You will have ideally worked in a business development role in China or South East Asia.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates with the following criteria for this Business Development Manager role:
- Ideally a Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years' experience with successful sales record within commodity ingredients or chemical products industry
- Sales experience and knowledge of Oleochemicals (Fatty Acids/ Fatty Alcohols/ Refined Glycerin)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - must have ability to interface effectively with both commercial and technical stakeholders from a range of major international companies
- Confident and capable with presentation techniques and comfortable with presenting to groups and senior stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated and willing to do extensive international travel
- Familiarity with the financial aspects of the South East Asia/ China economy as well as international market conditions and trends
- Understanding of international business issues, including currency factors and cultural differences
- Fluent in English
What's on Offer
This role will offer the opportunity to work in a highly successful, profitable and continuously expanding business and this is a brand new role in Singapore. The successful applicant will receive a competitive remuneration/ salary package and the potential to earn significant sales bonuses if targets are achieved. The company provides excellent training and development opportunities for their employees to help them reach their maximum potential.