You are here
Business Development Director - Factory Automation
- Business Development Director - Factory Automation
- New role, reporting to Group Managing Director
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held conglomerate headquartered in Singapore with diversified business activities spanning across the globe and mainly concentrated in the Asia Pacific region.
They have three distinct divisions have a formidable reputation in the industries of polyurethane foam dispensing machines & equipment, industrial automation products and solutions, safety footwear and chemical transfer pumps.
Due to a more competitive market situation in their industrial automation division, that manufactures and sells high performance industrial automation and control system products, they are looking for an ambitious business leader with an ability to create a strong impact by investing in technology.
- The role is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies in line with the business vision & goal - Industry 4.0 / IOT digital platform
- Be the leader for Global Business Development, starting with marketing mapping and strategies for penetration
- Be the subject matter expert on industrial automation and drive changes in line with the market and competitor strategies
- Be the key stakeholder managing strategic partnerships and alliances stretching from suppliers, JV partners to technology providers, etc
- Lead the creation of a stronger product portfolio and positioning in the market
- Be the leader for the Asia Pacific sales team and owner of the business strategy
- Directly manage a team of close to 100 staff across the different business functions
The Successful Applicant
- Masters/Bachelors Degree in industrial engineering, mechanical, electrical etc
- Excellent record in leadership having managed large teams for at least 5 years
- Expert in the area of industrial automation, especially in SME environment
- Strong Asia experience with a particular China focus - manufacturing hub for our client
- Business savvy, strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- High flexibility and willingness of travel extensively in Asia market (while permanently being based in Singapore)
- High energy level, ability to motivate teams that are new to factory automation
- Excellent communication skills and high integrity
- Ability to thrive in a diverse environment (multiple countries and matrix reporting)
What's on Offer
This is a very unique role as it offers the opportunity, for the right candidate, to lead the implementation of latest technological trends in the industry. It is also a chance for the leader to exploit their combination of engineering and business development skills.
The role covers Asia Pacific (parts of EU and US) and someone looking to get exposure into new markets and create business in those markets will find this role highly challenging and exciting.
The remuneration will be market average and fair, coupled with benefits that are in line with the seniority of this role.