You are here
AVP Tax Compliance
- AVP Tax
- Tax Compliance
About Our Client
The client are an International Bank who have Investment, Private and Wealth Management businesses.
You will be part of the Singapore & South East Asia ("SEA") tax team, whose coverage includes tax country management for Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Pakistan and the Philippines, as well as responsibility for advising on all transactions undertaken by the Bank in other countries in the SEA region, such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
The Singapore & SEA tax team has responsibility for all tax matters for all entities and businesses operating in those countries, across Investment Banking and Private Banking and Wealth Management. The team has direct responsibility for managing corporate income taxes, reviewing and ensuring accuracy of accounting for income taxes, planning for set up of new operations, activities and ongoing tax efficiency, advising on products, reviewing products and activities for reputational risk, and advising and evaluating processes for indirect taxes.
Corporate Income Tax Compliance
- Management of the Singapore corporate tax compliance process for Singapore entities which includes review of supporting calculations prepared by Financial Accounting ("FA"), preparation of annual corporate tax returns and liaising with external corporate tax compliance providers to ensure the accuracy and completeness of tax returns submitted and corporate tax payments.
- Preparation and calculation of the Estimated Chargeable Income ("ECI") payments.
- Assisting with the management of the relationship with the local tax authorities, including enquiries into the corporate tax affairs of the entities under their remit, including coordination with FA and external advisors, and driving resolution of tax issues.
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation with the assistance of the transfer pricing team and assisting the transfer pricing team to implement global transfer pricing strategies.
- Assisting with the management of local tax audits, including preparation of submissions and liaising with IRAS in relation thereto.
- Monitoring and dissemination of changes to local tax legislation or practice to Asia Pacific/Global Tax Departments and interested business units.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the corporate tax compliance related processes, including automation of the corporate tax processes and use of tax reporting tools and tax matrixes.
Corporate Income Tax Accounting
- Reviewing the monthly corporate tax provisions for inclusion in the local financial statements and group financial statements for entities in Singapore and liaising with FA and within the tax department to ensure tax accounting processes are efficient and effective and have sufficient governance.
Goods and Services Taxes ("GST")
- Management of the Singapore GST return preparation process, which includes the review of GST calculations prepared by FA and submission of the GST returns for entities covered.
- Assisting with the management of enquiries from the local tax authorities into the GST and indirect tax affairs of entities in Singapore, including coordination with FA and external advisors.
- Participating in the continuous improvement process in relation to GST compliance and other indirect tax related processes.
MAS Incentive returns and filing
- Coordination and preparation of various MAS Financial Sector Incentive ("FSI") returns and filing obligations, including consolidation of reports from various business departments.
- Assisting Regional Management / other departments with inquiries into MAS FSI returns and filings and responses thereto.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of new incentive applications.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the MAS returns and related processes.
- Providing oversight in relation to the indirect tax obligations (e.g. withholding taxes, stamp duties, etc.)
- Providing technical support to various departments on Singapore indirect tax changes.
Governance and controls
- Reporting of and managing of APAC Tax governance and control matters, including:
- Escalation of tax matters to Singapore / APAC Head of Tax;
- Reporting to and attendance at the APAC Tax bi-weekly meeting;
- Operational Risk reporting; and
- Sarbanes Oxley Controls and processes.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates with either:
- Recent proven Corporate Tax compliance exposure having previously worked for a bank or financial services institution with in the Tax department
- Big 4 Tax Managers who have relevant banking Tax compliance experience.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary
- Good work life balance
- Comprehensive bonus & benefits