You are here
Assistant Warehouse Manager - FMCG/Retail Brand
- Located in the west
- Improvement Processes - Warehouse and Local Distribution
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent retailer with multiple brands in their portfolio. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance and as part of this commitment they are looking for a Assistant Warehouse Manager to assist them and contribute in this area. This position is based in the west and is seated in the Warehouse.
Your main responsibilities include the development, execution as well as continuous improvement of the Warehouse, Operations & Logistics processes in alignment with the commercial objectives. You will be managing their internal warehouse. To achieve this objective, you will have to work closely with different functions.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Improve efficiency of warehouse processes and logistics to ensure timely delivery of their goods to the retail stores.
- Manage daily warehouse operations which include both inbound and outbound.
- Manage inventory of all items held in the warehouse to ensure that the forecast demand meets with supply.
- Inventory replenishment and shipment tracking.
- Continuous review of storage capacity and space planning.
- Manage warehouse/logistics centre costs and identify potential savings.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent related studies and you must have significant prior supervisory experience. Experience in managing own warehouses within the FMCG/Retail industry is critical. Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential. Being hands-on and proficient in SAP is necessary.
What's on Offer
The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.