You are here
Assistant Automation Engineer - Food
- Work for an industry leader
- Excellent career progression opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Beverages manufacturer, a household name and ranked the world's top ten employers by Forbes.
Known to provde excellent learning and development to employees throughout their span witht he oprganization, this role will give you an exposure and a working environement that is internationala and enriching.
The Assistant Automation Engineer's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Support Shop floor control system, building management system and operations floor
- Provide technical support in automation system
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to automation.
- Prepare troubleshooting report, conduct training to engineering and operations personnel to prevent future occurrence
- Propose and carry out corrective / preventive maintenance for automating system, including annual cleaning of control panels, routine software backups, etc
Support Automation Project
Liaise with equipment vendors to ensure compliance to specifications (e.g. attend kick-off meetings, Factory Acceptance tests, etc.).
- Direct and monitor vendor activities during site installation and commissioning to ensure system is delivered as per design documents
Propose modifications to equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and align with company goals
Develop associate training packages for software and hardware configurations to standardsised work instructions SWI
The Successful Applicant
The Assistant Automation Engineer is required to have:
- Min 2 years of prior working experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in Food/Beverage Processing, Bio-Tech, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Semiconductor or other highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Configuration, maintenance and experience of the following would be advantageous:
Allen-Bradley PLC's, SIEMENS PLC, Schneider TAC Vista, ABB pick masters, etc.
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet and other network based I/O systems preferred.
- Expertise with HMI software including FT View and Wonderware is preferred.
- Experience in VMware, SAN storage preferred
- Knowledge of machine safety requirements preferred.
- Able to interpret technical manual, drawings, equipment manuals and compliance to operating procedures
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform rotating shifts and overtime when required
What's on Offer
This job provides you with the opportunity to learn from the most Engineering experts within a dynamic team dedicated to providing superior solutions to customers. With excellent career progression and a learning exposure that is unparalleled, this job will provide you with an exciting and challenging next step in your career. An attractive remuneration package alongside a chance to grow with one of the world's largest beverage manufacturers is in store for those who decide to take up this interesting challenge.