You are here
This position is now filled
Asia Tax Director
SG$200,000 - SG$250,000
- Regional Tax Director
- Stand alone position
About Our Client
An alternative investment advisory; headquartered in the US with a rapidly growing presence in Asia.
- Take the lead tax structuring role on all Asian, Australian and New Zealand investments (including new acquisitions, exits, restructurings and refinancings), ensuring consistent tax positions are taken across investments in different countries and when working with different external advisors and balancing commercial views with tax and legal considerations.
- Manage all corporate tax matters for Asian, Australian and New Zealand management companies.
- Track and assess ongoing tax developments in Asia, Australia and New Zealand as they could relate to key business areas and investment structures, and present updates as appropriate within the business.
- Develop and maintain relevant industry contacts, including with third party tax advisors, accounting firms and law firms with a continued focus on identifying "best in class" service providers.
- Understand key US tax structure and compliance requirements for Asian, Australian and New Zealand investments. Coordinate the delivery of key information as required and work closely with the US tax team to answer any associated queries on the underlying investments and structures.
- Search for new ideas and approaches to maximise investor and owner returns while minimising tax risk.
- Support the Global Head of Tax with firm-wide and team specific initiatives, and other ad hoc projects as required.
- Work closely with internal legal, deal support & accounting teams as well as external joint venture partners to provide ongoing tax support and oversight to investments. Provide training and guidance as needed to ensure tax risks are minimised.
- Provide a lead role overseeing tax compliance matters for all Asian legal entities while ensuring appropriate controls are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience in tax at an accounting firm , global law firm, investment bank, hedge fund and/or asset manager.
- Significant exposure to the financial services industry required.
- University degree or equivalent essential, advanced qualification achieved in a business related program is advantageous.
- Professional accounting or tax qualification, such as ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA, or relevant equivalent.
- Strong Asian and cross-border transactional experience.
- Excellent understanding of Asian tax jurisdictions (in particular knowledge of Australia, Japan, Singapore and China is advantageous).
- Familiarity with US tax and compliance issues is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to critically analyse complex cross-border transactions from a tax perspective with an appreciation of the wider business perspectives (e.g. operational, legal, accounting, practical).
- Ability to exercise good judgement and ask the right questions to support decision-making.
- Ability to travel internationally (10-15%), mostly within Asia.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Insurance
- Attractive Bonus
This is a stand alone role for Asia, so all suitable applicants must take this into consideration.