You are here
- Publicly listed REIT
- Good remuneration package
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly traded REIT and counts assets in various industries ranging from technology to financial services. They operate in US, Europe and Asia Pacific and Singapore is their hub for Asia.
- Provide leadership for the local accounting function, including hiring, training, managing and mentoring of accounting staff
- Participate, working alongside peers in Europe and the US, in the oversight of the accounting and internal control systems, and the production of accurate financial statements
- Perform technical accounting research and translate theory into actionable solutions
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders from different local departments to ensure all local and regional accounting and business related reporting are produced timely, and accurately
- Conceptualize and participate in the creation of insightful and meaning reports and matrix, i.e., translating data to meaningful reports for senior executives
- Responsible for all local and regional accounting matters, including monthly financial statements close, quarterly reporting preparation, annual integrated financial statements audits, all locally required statutory audits and filing requirements, and various reviews and analyses
- Oversee ad-hoc project-based analytical exercises to support Corporate Accounting organization. Understand the business requirements, conceptualize the deliverable, and drive completion
- Contribute to the executive team within Asia Pacific to ensure the overall success in the AsiaPac region.
The Successful Applicant
- Broad and in-depth real estate technical accounting knowledge, including construction, leasing, portfolio management, and joint venture/partnership
- Minimum 6 years of combined relevant work experience in top tier CPA/Chartered Accounting firms (preferably in the real estate practice) and real estate companies, in progressive management roles
- Experience working for a publicly traded company
- Creative solution thinker
- CPA/Chartered Accountant required
- Working knowledge of IFRS essential & understanding of differences to US GAAP
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Works well within all levels of organisation
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, high sense of urgency, capable of quick turn-around under time constraints and pressure
- Effective multi-tasker and project manager; will keep teams on track with deliverables in high-pressure settings
- Willingness to travel when required
- Ability to work independently
- Embrace transparency, high level of integrity and energetic
- Willing and able to flex seamlessly between operating at a strategic, Senior Leadership Team Team level and "rolling his/her sleeves up" to ensure Finance initiatives are implemented successfully.
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package with variable bonus, excellent environment and professional corporate culture which provides stability and growth simultaneously.