You are here
Accountant (6 months contract)
- An opportunity to work for a global agribusiness
- A competitive salary package
About Our Client
My client manages a portfolio of global supply chains covering a range of industrial and energy products. Operating from over 60 locations and employing more than 40 nationalities, they facilitates the marketing, processing, financing and transportation of essential raw materials. Sourcing bulk commodities from low cost regions such as South America, South Africa, Australia and Indonesia, the Group supplies high growth demand markets, particularly in Asia and the Middle East.
- Perform month closing activities in Sun GL system and consolidation and interface of the management reporting pack into Hyperion
- Responsible for the Intercompany reconciliation process for the Singapore managed entities
- Preparation of the Balance sheet schedules for Corporate areas of responsibility
- Analysis of actual expenses on a monthly basis with comparison to past actual and budget
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for audit and tax filing for some Singapore entities and certain entities at other jurisdictions managed out of Singapore
- Accounting of corporate journals and month end accruals.
- Month end activities in order to meet the closing timeline
- Preparation of corporate balance sheet schedules, follow up on open aged items, and validate the schedules to supporting information.
- Consolidate information from Product Controllers / extract relevant information as required to be able to complete the monthly reporting pack for the Singapore entities
- Upload of actual results into Hyperion and perform validations to ensure that the entities are promoted to level 2 in Hyperion
- Liaise with Hyperion support team and Sun system support team in case of new entities to be set up or changes required
- Intercompany confirmation and reconciliation with various entities for both P&L and closing balance sheet transactions
- Accounting and processing the settlement of Intercompany debit notes & invoices
- Completion of statutory accounts per Singapore statutory filing requirements
- Liasing with auditors and resolving issues, if any
- Providing information and liaising with tax agent for tax filing purposes
- Extract and consolidate information for the purposes of providing government statistical information
- Extract information for the purposes of Budgeting, analysis and upload into Sun system.
- Assisting the Accounts Manager and Corporate Controller in various accounting projects
The Successful Applicant
Education and Qualifications: Graduate in Accounting / ACCA or Chartered Accountant preferred
Experience: 5 years (experience in Big 4 preferred)
Skills: MS Office, Excel essential. Hyperion & Sun would be an advantage
- High level of accuracy and eye for detail
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Ability to multi task and willing to take up new initiatives
What's on Offer
This presents an opportunity to work for a Global Agribusiness in Singapore with a competitive salary package. The candidate will also be involved in the implementation of new initiatives.