You are here
How to build effective teams among your staff
Building a high-performance team involves more than just assembling a group of talented individuals.
For a team to be effective, its members must unite behind an inspiring vision and be motivated to bring that vision to life. They must share clear, measurable goals, and be committed to playing their part in the overall success of the group.
Define the purpose
Assemble the team
Determine the goals
Monitor and review
Celebrate and reward
- Communicating a purpose and setting each team member’s role
- Defining smaller, timely goals and the expectations for conduct
- As the team develops, monitoring the performance and making adjustments if required
- Recognising the team's achievements along the way
- Rewarding each team member’s individual contribution